Family Quote

"If we don't try, then we don't do; and if we don't do, then why are we here? (From the play: Shenandoah)

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Hayley's Wisdom Teeth

So far I have not had any children choose to get "stoned" (drunk) so I haven't been exposed to that side of life except when they get their wisdom teeth extracted. The effects of the anesthetic must have simularities. Today was Hayley's turn. As she was helped in the car for the ride home she began rubbing my back very gently. She did this systematically for quite sometime and then started laughing as she knocked off my glasses. She then started hitting the door and grabbing at the steering wheel. Then she broke in the sobs and cried the rest of the way home. I manuvered her to the couch where she broke into laughter. Deserie walked by and Hayley hit her. (hidden hostilities)

I have enjoyed the moments driving my children home from having their wisdom teeth removed. (7 so far) It is definately another side of life. No pictures--- she would never forgive me.

4 comments:

Suzannah said...

Haha. I love Hayley. :)

Heather Sanders said...

Wow, I can't wait until i get mine out!!! haha, way to go Hayley!

Heather Sanders said...

Wow, I can't wait until i get mine out!!! haha, way to go Hayley!

Macaia said...

That's awesome!! I wished I would have seen that!!