Family Quote

"If we don't try, then we don't do; and if we don't do, then why are we here? (From the play: Shenandoah)

Monday, March 16, 2009

The United Nations

This was the bench we hung out on while waiting to talk to Delegates
In front of the United Nations Building
This is the room we were in at the last session. We were in the balcony.
k The woman next to me is a Polish Catholic woman. She is a doctor and a dear friend.
This is the UN Building
I won't be able to say enough about Layla an ambassador from Iraq. She was imprisoned by terrorists and tortured etc. She was let go when our army came in and she fled to Canada. She returned when it was safe and became an ambassador for Iraq. She is a great lady and a great friend. I hope to do more with her. She is grateful for the US coming in to liberate their people from Saddam.

These are the women I went with from United Families International.
Back on "the bench" with other defenders of family

2 comments:

The Johnson Fam said...

Brenda!! You make me want to get involved and learn and rub shoulders with people that will make a difference. I love you for all that you do and your passion to be in the front lines of worthy things. I'm waiting my turn to talk to you about it all.

Pam said...

I read the letter that you wrote to Mindy (I am her sister-in-law)and was so inspired by the work you are doing! I would love to hear more!